Monday, November 24, 2008

A lake tucked in the mountains..

Hey. I am back from roaming all over Tamil Nadu in an attempt to discover the flavours and sights of India. But be assured the blog was on my mind while dipping my feet in the sea at Pondicherry or shivering in the cold at Yercaud. And since I am suffering from the 'rhyme' infection my account of my trip shall not be in prose.

So here's the one which was written in the car while leaving Yercaud-

One more time , one more place
Out to see another part of Earth's face.

New things to do , new places to see
New handful of memories are now in my kitty.

The high mountains which nestled a Lil' lake,
The clouds beside us as company to take.

The 18th century room with the high bed,
Surrounded by flowers yellow and leaves red.

Upon winding roads through the mountains we go,
Beauteous tress of either side high and low.

Impressed and humbled, in wonder lost
Experiencing mesmerizing displays all free of cost.

Such an experience brings to mind a quote once said,
If you have not travelled you have only one page read.

2 comments:

NABIL SHAMSI said...

Dying to Pondicherry and Yercaud now...Nice poem!

Anonymous said...

you really are very good with the way u use words....really proud of you