Saturday, June 19, 2010

In a Birthdaze

Time's up, the curtain's about to fall
A year is gone and another's here,
Let the scales weigh and take a call,
If time's been used or cost me dear.
To have been born and to have lived,
Mere existance by itself hardly a feat,
It's about what you saw, said and did
People or time, how you did treat.
For chances I've had this past year,
For things I've learnt over time,
People I've met and those already dear,
And all else that's been for me, sublime.
Thankful I am, for having had that and more,
For a past, worthy to be relieved again
With memories that warm me to the core,
And scraps that must as secrets remain.
So I begin a chapter anew today,
With renewed vigour and zeal,
To do the best in every way,
With faith, this promise I now seal.

No comments: