Thursday, July 8, 2010

The power of prayer.

Prayer is a boon for mankind,
Between God and man a bind.
Of how to kneel yet rise,
For everything granted, a small price.

To cross that infinite distance,
And stand in HIS presence hence.
As I present myself to you Lord,
Only before you I'll ever bow, O God!

That peace that fills me within,
This undisturbed calm, a rare thing.
As I rush on with my life,
Marked only by struggle and strife.

Here I stand now in prayer,
Once again hoping for favour,
Though I oft forget my duty,
When dazzled by the world's beauty.

Nothing I can hide from you,
You know all I think and do,
Both my past and my future you see,
Everything that is, was, will be me.

Grant me strength and sight,
To always do what's right.
Grant me patience and will,
So every duty I may fulfill.

1 comment:

NABIL SHAMSI said...

Loved the poem esp the lines-for everything granted a small price and the ending too.All the best-Mahrooq.