Sunday, December 7, 2008

Goodbye.

My aunt passed away on the 5th of December. The one who goes is beyond everything now but the ones left behind have to pick up the pieces and continue. She leaves behind 3 sons. Your heart just breaks when you see how they are trying to keep themselves from drowning in pain and consoling each other at the same time.
But there are things yet to be done and there are lives yet to be lived.

Mamma,they tell me you have gone to a better place
They tell me to keep a happy face.
But tell me what I am supposed to do,
When I want to hold you for a moment or two.

Mamma, they tell me to be strong and brave
They tell me not to be sad or grave.
But tell me where I shall find,
The unflinching faith and supreme courage of your kind.

Mamma, they tell me to get on with life again
They tell me to look beyond this pain.
But tell me where I am supposed to see,
To find the love with which you saw me.

Mamma, , oh Ma, you will always be with me, won't you?
You will always look after me ,won't you?
The place is hollowed now, where you had been
Your strenght is gone now on which I could lean.

Mamma, the dreams you dreamed for us all
Your visions of us standing proud and tall.
I promise you now your efforts I shall not waste,
All your invaluable gifts I will not lose in haste.

Mamma, things will not be the same with you gone
After this dark,dark hour I don't believe in a new dawn.
Then I look within me and find a part of you,
I see that you live in me, in a manner I never knew.

Mamma, I carry you in my heart, my very core
And with that knowledge I shall stand up once more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Mamma i carry u in my heart..."
this poem has a great volume of meaning and deep sorrow.while i read it i had flshbacks of the last few days..i especially liked the way u've written the second last para.

NADIR AZIZ said...

Salaam Sehba,

Just wanted 2 let u know u have a beautiful way of expressing ur thoughts!

Keep it going... will follow ur blog.

Nadir Aziz :)

Anonymous said...

hey thr sis......touched to the core......