Friday, September 12, 2008

Holiday Cheer

Well here I am again drumming my fingers on the keyboard wondering what topic under the sun can be stretched out enough to make an entry in my blog. Gosh for someone who can talk as much as me I dont have a topic. So how do the silent souls do it? Does it come bursting out onto the relatively safer medium of paper than the trecherous form of speech? Maybe I will ask mom about that , having no experience of being a quiet person myself. Hehe.

It is so funny sometimes how Fate has put such different persons under one roof? Or maybe thats the beauty of it. If all of us were alike we would just drive each other crazy. Very likely indeed. A little example can be how we view our sunday. Dad deems it to be a day when he can go and meet people he has not seen for a month or so. Mom announces it to be a the day when all pending house work shall be finished. Bhai sees it in his calender as another day gone from his stock of days of study. While I view it as a day to catch a couple of movies in the least. Yes sometimes its a mess sorting out what we should be doing.

But what is it about holidays that makes them so coveted? Is it the pleasure of having no demands on your time? Or the selfish instinct to give in to your lazyness. Whatever it might be holidays make no sense until they come in between work. Its only when you know how amazing it is to put up your aching feet or straighten your back for a while does the thought of a holiday make sense. By the way I remember reading in an issue of the Reader's digest long ago about how they was a time when the government had to make holidays a compulsary affair. In fact working on a sunday was made a punishable crime.

Now how would that sound? " My lord Mr. So and So should be punished for his henious crime of daring to sell shoes on Jan 12 a SUNDAY!!!!

No comments: