Saturday, February 7, 2009

In Awe.

I was a little hesitant about putting this up on my blog but then I said its my blog I might as well put up what I like ,so here is a song my mom and I hum upon seeing the breathtakingly beautiful moon that is up in the sky around the middle of the month according to the Urdu calender. If anyone has noticed one can really see why so many poets and writers have written pages praising the moon and its sheen. There is this strange magnetism or attraction that a full moon has, and not just for the werewolves ( if they really do exist ) one can be bowled over and duly impressed.
     So I found the song titled Chaudhavin ka Chand from a movie by the same name and listened to the whole thing ( we only know the opening stanza ). Despite being an oldie and slow, the song is still very beautiful. Its about a man who compares the beauty of the one he loves to the beauty of the moon.  So listen to the song and decide for yourself-



No comments: