Saturday, February 21, 2009

Jai ho!

           I am very likely one of the last ones to watch the movie the world is talking about- "Slumdog Millionaire".
        Now that I have seen it I recommend it to all those who are even worse than me and have not seen the movie yet. So let me add my bit of praise about the movie. I suppose the winning formula is that we all like to see the underdog or in this case the slumdog triump in the end in whatever manner plausible or not plausible because we like to believe in hope. The feeling that the movie leaves you with is one of - Yes everyone can acheive their place under the sun no matter if their origins have been the lowest of the low.
    The movie is to tightly edited. No wastage at all. Its said in a very crisp manner with the right amount of suspense to make us keep wondering what comes next. I won't say the movie is completely believe able because the ending is a little hard to digest. The thing to watch for is surely the incidents he relates to explain how he knew the answers. That part was believable and  engrossing. And as somebody rightly pointed out to me another feather in the film's cap is the ability of the director to carry off the narration of  three different timelines and yet keep the viewer from getting confused. Lets not forget the great music. Keep your fingers crossed for the Oscars people!

No comments: